Sunday, March 29, 2009

Closed Doors

As I casually drove back to Alameda one day, I noticed a construction crew was working at the Le Cafe Restaurant on Webster Street. What puzzled me about the renovation was that all of the restaurant signage was removed. The front door sign that listed the hours was gone. There wasn't a "Temporary Closure Due to Renovation" sign. The exterior of only the restaurant, not the entire building, was being worked on. It was not a promising indication that the restaurant was able to survive the recession. I will have to closely monitor this location to see if a new owner has taken over the space. Stay tuned for more details.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the restaurant has a new owner, I saw a sign that indicated that a Vietnamese "chain" of sorts was coming in. The name escapes me now, but it was number 3 or 4 of whatever the restaurant was.