Saturday, March 20, 2010

Bowzer's Pizza

Alameda offers very little selection when it comes to good tasting pizza. When I was browsing through old copies of Alameda Magazine, Bowzer's won Best Pizza. One night, I called and ordered a Hula Pizza with my coupon from the Alameda telephone book. The pizza took a while to make and the person claimed the pizza would be ready in thirty-minutes.


The pizza place was full and everyone looked happy eating. I took the pizza home and ate it with a home made salad. The pizza was a bit pricey even with the discount. The pizza tasted alright, but it wasn't fantastic. The middle of the pizza was slightly soggy and a little too wet for my liking. I prefer a drier pizza, especially in the center area. The pepperoni and sausage was good, but I was hoping for more flavor.


By the way, the pizza tasted better after it was refrigerated for 24 hours and re-heated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've tried a lot of places, but Alameda Pizza on Webster is still my favorite. The restaurant itself isn't very inspiring, but they have the best pizza on the island.