Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Flavors of India

I had a quick dinner at the Flavors of India. The first thing that came to mind was that the smell of the dining room was overwhelming. There was a definite curry smell in the air and unfortunately the other smell was body odor. The two odors were a bizarre combination.

The night was late and ordered Pappadum, Lamb Vindaloo and rice. All of the food items were quite tasty. The sauces (burgundy and green) that came with the Pappadum were flavorful and are identical to the ones they offer at India Palace. The Pappadum was not greasy and had a nice crisp crunch.

I ordered medium spiced Lamb Vindaloo and could have ordered the spicy because the medium was a little light on the heat level. The vindaloo tasted great and came with a lot of lamb and not a lot of potatoes. I wish the dish had more potatoes, but nonetheless the dish was delicious. This dish also did not have much oil to it, so I was happy about it.

By the way, the source of the body odor was a wait staff person. I found this out at the end of the meal when this person gave me the check.

Despite the small set back, I would come back to this place for another meal. The food was good and the menu was varied. The Alameda location is number four, for the owner, so I am to assume the owner and cooks have worked on dishes over and over again to fine tune the food.

No comments: