Friday, December 17, 2010

What a Coincidence...

I wanted to try out The Frog and the Fiddle on a Friday night. I was curious to observe the crowd, atmosphere and re-worked space from Acquacotta. As I walked inside the restaurant, I noticed the BBQ guy, Ben, behind the kitchen counter. Ben was the food guy at the Rooster and then he moved into his own space by the ferry terminal on the West End, which is still in business. However, he is now moonlighting at The Frog and the Fiddle on certain nights.


The establishment is basically a pub. There is nothing fancy about it. You order food at the kitchen counter because there was no wait staff. There was a bar on the right side of the room and it was completely packed. Tables were located on the left side of the room where two tables were occupied. Noise was a definite problem throughout the space since there weren't any soft features in the room to absorb sound.

Because I know Ben's food and I am a huge fan of his pulled pork sandwich, I tried his BBQ Beef sandwich. The meat was thinly sliced and it was like butter. The meat was tender, juicy and flavorful. I only wished there was more beef inside the sandwich. This sandwich is better than Everett and Jones BBQ.

I have always recommended Ben's BBQ. He takes his time in ensuring a quality product.

No comments: