Sunday, August 15, 2010

Curry Wurst

I had a novel idea of serving curry and chips. The Indian restaurants in Alameda won't serve it, but I came across the most unlikely of places that makes it, Speisekammer. I was amazed and surprised that a German restaurant took the risk. The dish is called Curry Wurst. It is a grilled bratwurst with curry sauce on top, served with french fries on the side.

When I tasted the meat, the food confused me. The curry sauce didn't match well with the bratwurst. The flavor profiles were not complimentary and the fries didn't help with the dish. The idea is great, but the execution fell short. If the chef made the dish with a different meat, perhaps a schnitzel, than it would be a winner. Speisekammer gets an A for effort, but a C for flavor and taste.

No comments: