Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Wedge Salad

I love blue cheese crumbles and blue cheese salad dressing.  When I go to The Hob Nob, I am always checking the menu to see if the wedge salad is listed.  This salad has been a bit inconsistent the last few times that I have ordered it.  The portion sizes were at times, huge and monstrous.  Most of the time the wedge was 1/8 or 1/4 of a head of iceberg lettuce. This makes sense since the salad was an appetizer and not an entree.  However the last time I ordered this salad, the portion was one-half of a head of lettuce.  There was plenty of blue cheese crumbles, walnuts and blue cheese dressing on top. I wonder if the restaurant was trying to get rid of the lettuce?  Of course I didn't complain since I got value out of the salad.  Who knows what portion size I will get the next time.

No comments: